Rapid Deco® Level 5 Type X with Protecta® Abuse Resistance and Mold Defense® drywall
Rapid Deco Level 5 Type X with Protecta Abuse Resistance and Mold Defense factory-applied level 5 drywall is a fire-, abuse -, mold- and mildew-resistant gypsum board pre-finished with a specially formulated material to facilitate finishing to a Level 5 finish.
Continental Rapid Deco® Level 5 Type X with Protecta® Abuse Resistance and Mold Defense® factory-applied level 5 drywall is a fire-, abuse -, mold- and mildew-resistant gypsum board pre-finished with a specially formulated material to facilitate finishing to a Level 5 finish. This material is factory-applied to provide a consistent and uniform finish.
It is installed in the same manner as traditional drywall and finished with Rapid Deco Level 5 joint compound to easily and quickly produce a Level 5 finish (Please refer to the Rapid Deco Level 5 joint compound submittal sheet for technical information).
It is designed for use in applications that require direct mechanical attachment to wood or metal framing, or as a component of fire-rated assemblies. May also be used as a thermal barrier in roof assemblies when specified by the roofing manufacturer. To ensure optimum Type X fire resistance performance, follow recommended installation procedures for firerated assemblies. When properly sealed and used in a certified sound-rated assembly, this product will also contribute to the required sound transmission classification (STC) values.
Rapid Deco Type X with Protecta Abuse Resistance and Mold Defense drywall is the best solution for interior areas specified for a Level 5 finish and where a higher resistance to abrasion, indentation and impact penetration is required. Applicable areas include:
- High-end residential and commercial construction
- Hotel lobbies and other high-traffic, public spaces
- Areas with considerable natural light exposure and where critical lighting or gloss paints are specified
- Provides an equivalent to a field-applied Level 5 finish in the same number of steps as a Level 4 finish
- Abuse resistant per ASTM C1629
- Mold, mildew resistant per ASTM D3273
- Fire resistance with very low flame spread
- Low installation cost
- Creates a uniform surface and the highest-quality finish
- Provides consistent job results
- Minimizes jobsite application labor and reduces cost over a field-applied Level 5 finish
- Installs in the same manner as traditional drywall — no special tools or enhanced skills required
- Superior Level 5 results in less time