Rapid Deco® Level 5 Type XDrywall
Rapid Deco Level 5 Type X skim-coated drywall is a fire-rated gypsum board pre-finished with a specially formulated skim-coat material to facilitate finishing to a Level 5 finish.
Continental Rapid Deco® Level 5 Type X skim-coated drywall is a fire-rated gypsum board pre-finished with a specially formulated skim-coat material to facilitate finishing to a Level 5 finish. This skim coat is factory-applied to provide a consistent and uniform finish.
Rapid Deco Level 5 Type X skim-coated drywall is installed in the same manner as traditional drywall and finished with Continental's Rapid Deco Level 5 joint compound to easily and quickly produce a Level 5 finish. (Please refer to the Continental Rapid Deco Level 5 joint compound submittal sheet for technical information).
Rapid Deco Level 5 Type X skim-coated drywall is designed for use in applications that require direct mechanical attachment to wood or metal framing, or as a component of fire-rated assemblies. May also be used as a thermal barrier in roof assemblies when specified by the roofing manufacturer. To ensure optimum Type X fire-resistant performance, follow recommended installation procedures. When used in a certified sound-rated assembly, Rapid Deco Level 5 Type X skim-coated drywall will also contribute to the required sound transmission classification (STC) values.
Note: Rapid Deco Level 5 Type X skim-coated drywall is suitable for interior applications only and should not be used where temperatures exceed 125˚ F for extended periods or in areas of extreme humidity. Likewise, the board should be protected from exposure to adverse conditions during storage and construction.
Rapid Deco Level 5 is the best solution for areas specified for a Level 5 finish, such as:
- Hotel lobbies and interior public spaces
- Board rooms and conference rooms
- Office atriums and hallways
- High-end residential housing
- Any area where critical lighting or gloss paints are specified in which a smooth finish is desired
Provides an equivalent to a field-applied Level 5 finish in the same number of steps as a Level 4 finish
- Creates a uniform surface and the highest-quality finish
- Provides consistent job results
- Minimizes jobsite application labor and reduces cost over a field-applied Level 5 finish
- Installs in the same manner as traditional drywall - no special tools or enhanced skills required
- Superior Level 5 results in less time
- Rapid Deco Level 5 Type X Submittal - English (690 KB)
- Fire Safety Information: Type X Gypsum Wallboard - English (16 KB)
- Product MSDS
- Uniform Surface
- Highest Quality Finish
- Consistent Results
- Superior Level 5 Results in Less Time
Rapid Deco Level 5 is the best solution for areas specified for a Level 5 finish.
Other Rapid Deco® Products
- Rapid Deco® Level 5 Type X with Protecta® Abuse Resistance and Mold Defense®
- Rapid Deco® Level 5 with Mold Defense® Type X
- Rapid Deco® Level 5 with Mold Defense®
- Rapid Deco® Level 5
- Rapid Deco® Level 5 Type X
Continental Case Study
Being Bison Strong
The House the Community Built
On July 16, 2010, Continental Building Products (formerly Lafarge Gypsum) was proudly represented at the open house and ribbon cutting for the newly renovated "House the Community Built" in Covington, Ky. Continental's gypsum plant in Silver Grove, Ky. had the honor of providing all of the wallboard used in the project. While Continental supplied the walls,…
To complement its full range of BISON BOARD products, Continental has developed a top quality line of finishing products designed to meet the varied needs of building professionals.