Rapid Deco® Level 5Drywall
Continental Rapid Deco Level 5 skim-coated drywall is a gypsum board pre-finished with a specially formulated skim-coat material to facilitate finishing to a Level 5 finish.
Continental Rapid Deco Level 5 skim-coated drywall is a gypsum board pre-finished with a specially formulated skim-coat material to facilitate finishing to a Level 5 finish. This skim coat is factory-applied to provide a consistent and uniform finish.
Rapid Deco Level 5 skim-coated drywall is installed in the same manner as traditional drywall and finished with Continental's Rapid Deco Level 5 joint compound to easily and quickly produce a Level 5 finish. (Please refer to the Continental Rapid Deco Level 5 joint compound submittal sheet for technical information).
Rapid Deco Level 5 skim-coated drywall is designed for use in applications that require direct mechanical attachment to wood or metal wall or ceiling framing, or attachment to existing surfaces using fasteners or adhesives. May also be used as a thermal barrier in roof assemblies when specified by the roofing manufacturer.
While Rapid Deco Level 5 skim-coated drywall has some inherent fire-resistant characteristics, this product should not be used to provide the levels of fire resistance required by various building codes and standards. For fire resistance, use Continental Rapid Deco Level 5 Type X skim-coated drywall. When properly sealed and used in a certified sound-rated assembly, Rapid Deco Level 5 skim-coated drywall will contribute to the required sound transmission classification (STC) values.
Rapid Deco Level 5 is the best solution for areas specified for a Level 5 finish, such as:
- Hotel lobbies and interior public spaces
- Board rooms and conference rooms
- Office atriums and hallways
- High-end residential housing
- Any area where critical lighting or gloss paints are specified in which a smooth finish is desired
- Provides an equivalent to a field-applied Level 5 finish in the same number of steps as a Level 4 finish
- Creates a uniform surface and the highest-quality finish
- Provides consistent job results
- Minimizes jobsite application labor and reduces cost over a field-applied Level 5 finish
- Installs in the same manner as traditional drywall - no special tools or enhanced skills required
- Superior Level 5 results in less time
- Very low flame spread
- Rapid Deco Level 5 Submittal - English (654 KB)
- Rapid Deco Level 5 with Protecta Abuse Resistance - English (265 KB)
- Rapid Deco Level 5 with Mold Defense & Protecta Abuse Resistance - English (146 KB)
- Product MSDS
- Creates a Uniform Surface
- Highest-Quality Finish
- Consistent Job Results
- Very Low Flame Spread
Rapid Deco Level 5 is the best solution for areas specified for a Level 5 finish.
Other Rapid Deco® Products
- Rapid Deco® Level 5 Type X with Protecta® Abuse Resistance and Mold Defense®
- Rapid Deco® Level 5 with Mold Defense® Type X
- Rapid Deco® Level 5 with Mold Defense®
- Rapid Deco® Level 5
- Rapid Deco® Level 5 Type X
Continental Case Study
Being Bison Strong
Silver Towers, New York City
Silver Towers comprises two 60-story towers located in the rejuvenated Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood of Manhattan on 42nd Street and 11th Avenue. Overlooking the Hudson River, the luxury high-rise development was the largest residential 80/20 rental property in the city upon its completion in 2010. The 1.2 million-square foot property, managed by the real estate firm of…
To complement its full range of BISON BOARD products, Continental has developed a top quality line of finishing products designed to meet the varied needs of building professionals.