Rapid Deco® Level 5
with Mold Defense®
Rapid Deco Level 5 Type X with Mold Defense is a fire, mold and mildew-resistant gypsum board pre-finished with a specially formulated skim-coat material to facilitate finishing to a Level 5 finish.
Continental Rapid Deco® Level 5 Type X with Mold Defense® is a fire, mold and mildew-resistant gypsum board pre-finished with a specially formulated skim-coat material to facilitate finishing to a Level 5 finish. This skim coat is factory-applied to provide a consistent and uniform finish.
Rapid Deco offers enhanced protection against the growth of mold and mildew on its surface and in its core compared to ordinary drywall products. Under controlled testing conditions, it achieved an average panel score of 10 out of a possible 10 using ASTM D 3273.*
Continental Mold Defense products are compliant with the treated article exemption of FIFRA as determined by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Rapid Deco drywall is installed in the same manner as traditional drywall and finished with Continental's Rapid Deco Level 5 joint compound to easily and quickly produce a Level 5 finish. (Please refer to the Continental Rapid Deco Level 5 joint compound submittal sheet for technical information).
Rapid Deco drywall is designed for use in applications that require direct mechanical attachment to wood or metal framing, or as a component of fire-rated assemblies. May also be used as a thermal barrier in roof assemblies when specified by the roofing manufacturer. To ensure optimum Type X fire-resistant performance, follow recommended installation procedures. When properly sealed and used in a certified sound-rated assembly, Rapid Deco will also contribute to the required sound transmission classification (STC) values.
Rapid Deco Level 5 with Mold Defense is the best solution for areas specified for a Level 5 finish, such as:
- Hotel lobbies and interior public spaces
- Board rooms and conference rooms
- Office atriums and hallways
- High-end residential housing
- Any area where critical lighting or gloss paints are specified in which a smooth finish is desired
Provides an equivalent to a field-applied Level 5 finish in the same number of steps as a Level 4 finish
- Creates a uniform surface and the highest-quality finish
- Provides consistent job results
- Minimizes jobsite application labor and reduces cost over a field-applied Level 5 finish
- Installs in the same manner as traditional drywall - no special tools or enhanced skills required
- Superior Level 5 results in less time
- Rapid Deco Level 5 with Mold Defense Type X Submittal - English (718 KB)
- Fire Safety Information: Type X Gypsum Wallboard - English (16 KB)
- Product MSDS
- Creates a Uniform Surface
- Highest Quality Finish
- Consistent Job Results
- Superior Level 5 Results in Less Time
Rapid Deco Level 5 with Mold Defense is the best solution for areas specified for a Level 5 finish.
Other Rapid Deco® Products
- Rapid Deco® Level 5 with Mold Defense® Type X
- Rapid Deco® Level 5 with Mold Defense®
- Rapid Deco® Level 5
- Rapid Deco® Level 5 Type X
Continental Case Study
Being Bison Strong
Red Cross Building, Cincinnati, Ohio
Red Cross Building, Cincinnati, Ohio The new American Red Cross building in Cincinnati serves as the organization's Disaster Operations Center (DOC), the "nerve center and central communication hub" for regional Red Cross disaster services. The center, for which Continental supplied the exterior sheathing, enables highly trained Red Cross staff to provide oversight of area…
To complement its full range of BISON BOARD products, Continental has developed a top quality line of finishing products designed to meet the varied needs of building professionals.