Rapid Deco® Level 5 Type XDrywall
Rapid Deco Level 5 Type X skim-coated drywall is a fire-rated gypsum board pre-finished with a specially formulated skim-coat material to facilitate finishing to a Level 5 finish.
Continental Rapid Deco® Level 5 Type X skim-coated drywall is a fire-rated gypsum board pre-finished with a specially formulated skim-coat material to facilitate finishing to a Level 5 finish. This skim coat is factory-applied to provide a consistent and uniform finish.
Rapid Deco Level 5 Type X skim-coated drywall is installed in the same manner as traditional drywall and finished with Continental's Rapid Deco Level 5 joint compound to easily and quickly produce a Level 5 finish. (Please refer to the Continental Rapid Deco Level 5 joint compound submittal sheet for technical information).
Rapid Deco Level 5 Type X skim-coated drywall is designed for use in applications that require direct mechanical attachment to wood or metal framing, or as a component of fire-rated assemblies. May also be used as a thermal barrier in roof assemblies when specified by the roofing manufacturer. To ensure optimum Type X fire-resistant performance, follow recommended installation procedures. When used in a certified sound-rated assembly, Rapid Deco Level 5 Type X skim-coated drywall will also contribute to the required sound transmission classification (STC) values.
Note: Rapid Deco Level 5 Type X skim-coated drywall is suitable for interior applications only and should not be used where temperatures exceed 125˚ F for extended periods or in areas of extreme humidity. Likewise, the board should be protected from exposure to adverse conditions during storage and construction.
Rapid Deco Level 5 is the best solution for areas specified for a Level 5 finish, such as:
- Hotel lobbies and interior public spaces
- Board rooms and conference rooms
- Office atriums and hallways
- High-end residential housing
- Any area where critical lighting or gloss paints are specified in which a smooth finish is desired
Provides an equivalent to a field-applied Level 5 finish in the same number of steps as a Level 4 finish
- Creates a uniform surface and the highest-quality finish
- Provides consistent job results
- Minimizes jobsite application labor and reduces cost over a field-applied Level 5 finish
- Installs in the same manner as traditional drywall - no special tools or enhanced skills required
- Superior Level 5 results in less time
- Rapid Deco Level 5 Type X Submittal - English (690 KB)
- Fire Safety Information: Type X Gypsum Wallboard - English (16 KB)
- Product MSDS
- Uniform Surface
- Highest Quality Finish
- Consistent Results
- Superior Level 5 Results in Less Time
Rapid Deco Level 5 is the best solution for areas specified for a Level 5 finish.
Other Rapid Deco® Products
- Rapid Deco® Level 5 with Mold Defense® Type X
- Rapid Deco® Level 5 with Mold Defense®
- Rapid Deco® Level 5
- Rapid Deco® Level 5 Type X
Continental Case Study
Being Bison Strong
Silver Towers, New York City
Silver Towers comprises two 60-story towers located in the rejuvenated Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood of Manhattan on 42nd Street and 11th Avenue. Overlooking the Hudson River, the luxury high-rise development was the largest residential 80/20 rental property in the city upon its completion in 2010. The 1.2 million-square foot property, managed by the real estate firm of…
To complement its full range of BISON BOARD drywall products, Continental has developed a top quality line of finishing products designed to meet the varied needs of building professionals.